1.0 Baggage policy / per KGS concept
1.1 Free Baggage allowance
||Total Maximum Weight
|Infant (0-2 years old)
1 collapsible baby carriage / buggy (115 cm)
1.2 Excess Baggage
- • At airports where baggage is processed by kilograms, excess baggage charges are calculated as follows: The charge is USD 5.00 per KG.
Interline ( if applicable) will be calculated per sector as below chart
1.3 Sports Equipment Baggage
You may be able to carry some sporting goods and equipment in your hand baggage if onboard space permits. These include:
- Tennis rackets
- Badminton rackets
- Squash rackets
Other sporting goods that may be considered dangerous such as sporting bats and clubs, baseball bats, softball bats, golf clubs, cricket bats, hard sporting balls (including for example, cricket, field, hockey, billiard and snooker balls and cues) aren’t allowed in hand baggage. You’ll need to carry them in your checked baggage.
1.4 Musical instruments
You may be able to carry small musical instruments as hand baggage if these do not exceed our allowed dimensions.
If you wish to carry a valuable musical instrument as hand baggage but it exceeds our size or weight limitations, you’ll need to purchase an additional seat (subject to availability) in the same class of travel to store the instrument next to you during your flight.
You may also be able to carry large musical instruments in checked baggage if there is enough space in the cargo hold compartment and subject to any excess baggage rates applicable.
Hand baggage shouldn’t exceed 55cm x 38cm x 20cm or weigh more than 7kg if you’re travelling in Economy Class.
If you’re travelling in Business Class, you may take up to two items of hand baggage on board with a combined weight of 14kg. Each item of hand baggage shouldn’t exceed 55cm x 38cm x 20cm.
1.5 Smart Bags
Smart bags have integrated lithium batteries that allow charging external devices, GPS tracking, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, self-weighing, and digital locking.
You can carry a smart bag as both checked and hand baggage, provided you meet the requirements.
Effective 15 January 2018, the following restrictions will apply for smart bags on all Jordan aviation flights.
- At the time of check-in, you must advise the staff you are travelling with a smart bag.
- Lithium battery must be removable.
- Lithium battery must not exceed power rating of more than 100Wh (Li-ion) or 2g (Li-metal).
- Lithium battery must not be used to charge any device onboard the aircraft and any transmitting functions, that is, GPS tracking, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi must be switched off. The smart bag must be powered off throughout the flight.
- The smart bag must be within hand baggage allowance
At the time of check-in, you must advise the staff you are travelling with a smart bag.
- Lithium battery must be removed and carried in your hand baggage.
- Lithium battery must not exceed power rating of more than 100Wh (for Li-ion) or 2g (for Li-metal).
- Removed lithium battery carried in your hand baggage must be protected from activation, short-circuit, and any damage.
Please note: if the lithium battery is not removable and is more than 100Wh (for Li-ion) or 2g (for Li-metal), the smart bag will not be accepted for carriage as checked or hand baggage.
1.6 PET in Cabin : PETC
Pets transported in the cabin must be in a carrier/crate. The weight of your pet and its carrier/crate together determine the excess baggage fee per kg. The minimum fee for transporting pets in the cabin is equal to the TKT price. The excess baggage fee is determined by weight for charges over the agreed baggage allowance.
A- Maximum pet weight ALLOWED in Cabin including cage is up 7 KGS.
B- Inadmissible pets
The following dogs are considered dangerous and will not be admitted on our flights: American pitbull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, bull terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, Japanese tosa, dogo argentino, doberman, pincher doberman, rottweiller
c- Fees for pets transported in the aircraft hold (AVIH):
Pets transported in the aircraft hold must be in a carrier/crate. If your pet and its carrier/crate weigh over 7 kg, the fee is 1 times that of the excess baggage fee. The minimum excess baggage fee for transporting pets in the aircraft hold that weigh over 7 kg is USD 60 even if the excess baggage fee works out to less than USD 60 as determined by weight.
1.7 Other charges
A- UM charges: 70 USD – no transit UM allowed only point to point
B- WHC- S-C will be charged 35 USD plus ambulifter cost in origin and destination.
C- WHC- R : will be charged 35 USD
2.0 missing and Damaged Baggage Claims
2.1 Missing Baggage
If the bag is not found after a period of 10 working days, JORDAN AVIATION passenger Services Manager can declare the baggage as missing . The passenger should then be requested to submit a baggage claim form.
The following supporting documents must be attached to the PIR:
- Original baggage tag(s)
- Boarding pass of the passenger
- E ticket
- All correspondence regarding the case.
- Original completed and signed Baggage Claim Form
- Release and Indemnity signed by the passenger.
- Destruction, Loss, or Damage to Baggage
JAV will handle all baggage claims in accordance with law applicable to the passengers travel, and in cases where Montreal Convention applies our liability in case of destruction, loss, damage or delay to baggage is limited to 1131 special drawing rights (SDR) or the current SDR rate which is the maximum
JAV is only liable for a maximum compensation of $ 200 / passenger / bag. For allowed checked baggage and paid excess baggage
2.2 Damaged Claims
In case of damaged baggage, the compensation may either be repair or replacement. The compensation would depend on the extent of the damage and cost involved. Passengers should be requested to provide proof of costs for the baggage. If they are unable to do so, JORDAN AVIATION Passenger Services managers are to use his/her discretion in ascertaining the cost of the suitcase. Jordan Aviation will not be liable for:
A- Minor Damages: JAV unable to accept liability for damage to baggage due to wear and tear, which includes the following:
- Minor cuts, scratches, scuffs, dents, dirt and stains
- Damage to wheels, feet or extending handles
- Damage to fragile or perishable items
- Damage due to over-packed baggage
- Loss of external locks, pull straps, security straps or zipper tabs
- Baggage accepted under the conditions of the Limited Release Tag (LRT)
- Items confiscated by airport authorities or security
- Passengers should not include the following items in their checked baggage:
- Fragile and perishable items
- Computers and personal electronic devices
- Stored data
- Any medication or medical equipment
- Valuable documents such as business documents, passports, certificates, Identification Documents, negotiable papers etc.
C- Limited Release Tag.
We accept fragile, perishable, and inadequately packed baggage upon completion of a Limited Release Baggage tag. Baggage with pre-existing damage shall likewise be accepted as a Limited Release Baggage. The Limited Release Baggage Tag releases the airline from liabilities on baggage resulting from any pre-existing damage or unsuitability for transport.